Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Magic Kingdom

We headed out headed out (not as) early (as I had planned) to Orlando yesterday morning to surprise Isabel with a trip to The Magic Kingdom. Fellow teacher and WAP Laurie (a.k.a. Baby Hannah’s Mommy) joined us. Isabel just loves surprises and it was driving her crazy not knowing where we were going. Her first guess (and of course, my favorite) was “Are we going to Long Horn Steak, mommy?” [I almost drove off the road laughing.] It wasn’t until rounding the last bend in the ticket line that she saw a topiary of Minnie Mouse and started to realize where we were. Despite a momentary mental breakdown because of the length of the lines, the heat, the people, etc.... and wanting to leave shortly after arriving, all went well. [Okay, for the sake of honesty I should mention that the breakdown was mine…NOT Isabel’s. She was amazing!] She brought her princess snow globe to school this morning for show-and-tell. I left her surrounded by three little girls ooo-ing and ahh-iing. Magic.


Riding the tram to the park


My Little Water-Lover



Seeing Minnie in the Parade


How Do I Look?



Mom and Isabel at the Dumbo Ride



Unsure of the Lizards Scampering Nearby



And She's Gone...

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

So cute!
DH says we can't take AA to Disney until she can spell it!! (he's not a fan of crowds,and neither am I, especially, hot weather and crowds!)

Are there many rides for very short toddlers?

Alyzabeth's Mommy