Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sunshine On My Shoulder Makes Me Happy

We woke up Saturday morning to the most glorious weather.

The sun was beaming through the window sheers, bathing the whole house with much needed sunshine and inviting us to spend the day outdoors. We accepted the invitation and decided to head on over to our local arts market in the morning, and then make a detour to the library, before ending with a relaxing visit to the park.

As I was getting everything organized, I started wondering what was taking Isabel so long. After calling her a couple of times (and hearing muffled replies as answers) I entered her bedroom to discover a tableau of stuffed animals arranged in a curious manner. [Think Gulliver's Travels meets The Queen Mother.] When I asked her what was going on with Lulu, she patiently explained that Lulu (the chair, as opposed to - thankfully - the cat) was now all ready for her wedding. (Huh???) Apparently, unbeknownst to me, Isabel has been preoccupied with the upcoming wedding we will be attending this Saturday. (It will be Isabel's first.)

BTW, I love the attentive attendants, as well as how she has the chair dressed in satin blankets and burbing cloths for a gown and veil.

Well, we finally made it out the door and arrived at the market. The walk to this place is incredible; the energy palpable. After a two month winter break, the market was packed and as exciting as ever... soulful live music, fresh breezes blowing in across the river, people of all ages mingling alongside pottery, herbs, fresh bread, magicians, belly dancers, animal adoptions and freshly harvested produce. I tell you... this place is a total sensory experience. We bought strawberries, listened to music, pet dogs, talked to friends and enjoyed not being constained by time.


Arranging monogrammed pocket mirrors to spell her name




After an hour or so, we swung by the library to drop off some books and get some others and then drove on over to the park. I must say... this park is a hidden jewel. It is situated on the river, adjacent to an old drawbridge. It has a swing/slide area, beautiful expanses of grass (just perfect for laying a blanket on and reading), sail boats, docks, ducks, and even a small beach area.

It was the perfect end...


... to a perfect day.

For more photos from people far more talented at photography than me,
pop on over to Lisa's blog at:

the long road


Happy St. Patrick's Day

12 comments:

Nicola said...

these photos are wonderful!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Donna said...

I love all of these so much! Hard to say which is my favorite but I think it's going to be the mirrors that spell out her name. I love how this turned out in black and white. :)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Wanda said...

OK, that wedding preparation is seriously cute. (Hope you enjoy sweeties first wedding!! Sure to be one she'll always remember.)

Love all your images of a great day out in spring!

Ciao Chica
:)

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Great pics..I always enjoy getting a glimpse of your world!

Mama said...

Great photos! We were at the RAM too on Saturday morning. sorry we missed each other.

Dita said...

The Stuffed Animals Nuptuals got me! How adorable.

Looks like you girls had one amazing day...as evidenced by the sugar plums dancing in your baby's head at the dinner table!

Happy Wednesday!

Unknown said...

What a fun set of photos! I love the sleeping at the table shot. GREAT!

Formerly known as Frau said...

What great shots of such a fun day! I love the last one she is pooped! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

What fun photos, love that last one!! I dont think I have ever had any of my kids fall asleep at the table! ha

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh how cute!! Looks like you both had a wonderful day:)

Thanks for playing along!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!!! I LOVE the one of her in her room having a "wedding." It always cracks me up to hear my girls. They know exactly what they mean even when we think they are crazy!

Your post title makes me smile :) How true, how true!

Unknown said...

You are so talented. These pictures showed your day so perfectly! I am hoping this Saturday will be just as wonderful as last! What a great day. I love the sky in the one picture. Pure magnificence!