Saturday, May 1, 2010

Let the Testing Begin!


Welcome May... ye month of flowers, birds, sunshine and...
non-stop testing.

Starting Monday, my poor students embark on over four weeks of testing.

Teaching at a college prep school is such an extraordinary experience. I am that rare person who loves her job and looks forward to going to work each day. I know how blessed I am and never take it for granted. I absolutely adore my students and am so thankful to be able to spend my days among the life, energy, laughter (and occasional teenage angst) of freshmen students. Their ability to juggle the demands of a rigorous academic load, innumerable extracurricular activities and the general stress of being an adolescent astounds me.

The culmination of all their AP and IB courses is the exams. This is in addition to their final exams, county EOC (end of course exams) and MAP exams. I really don't know how they do it. I can barely figure out the proctoring schedule for the next month!

And so, during this final weekend of possible rest, I wish all my students clarity and presence of mind, peace and calmness of spirit. Stay in the present and know how amazing you are.

2 comments:

Dita said...

Wow...what an incredible teacher you are that you can step back from all that is on your plate and marvel at what the kids are going through these next 4 weeks....ah, I remember it well...I was one of those kids a VERY long time ago (and WE didn't have computers!)

Good luck and get some rest...you're gonna need it!

Kristy said...

There needs to be 10 million more exactly like you!!!

Love and blessings, Kristy