Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Angels in our Midst

I am amazed at the kindness of both friends and strangers. I went out to my car yesterday morning, only to have the engine not turn over. My neighbors had already left for work. I was really stuck with no way to get myself and my daughter to school. At that moment, an older lady who walks her dog past my house each morning came along and asked if I needed help. Long story short. She walked her dog back home, drove her car back to my house, got into the passenger seat and told me I could drive her car to drop off Isabel and then to get to school. I didn't even know the woman's name!

She told me she prays every morning to the Lord for someone to help and she just knew that I was that person. (I swear I could almost see the ruffles of her wings!)

Though I had no idea how we would get home, what was wrong with my car and how I would get it fixed, I had a peace that all would be fine. At school, I made a couple of calls. One retired friend picked up Isabel, took her for dinner and kept her at her home for me. Another couple met me at school, drove me home, worked on the car, got me to the auto store to get the engine tested, waited for me while I got a new battery and made she I was okay to go get Isabel.

I am truly humbled by the generosity of these people and the grace and protection of God.
It certainly gives me a new perspective on life this morning.

1 comment:

Buckeroomama said...

Reading stories like these just warms my heart. I've encountered kindness from strangers myself and although sometimes there is no way to pay it back, we could always pay it forward. :)