Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Simple Thanks

It's inevitable. I mean… they DO grow up. I recognize that. It's just that it hits out of nowhere. Like when my daughter came dancing into my bedroom wearing a dress she liked from last summer. Only, THIS summer it looks like a long shirt.

She starts kindergarten in less than three weeks. It seems like just yesterday we were in China with her being placed in my arms. And then there's is that wonderful rite of passage that she went through yesterday… the loss of the first tooth. Is there ANYTHING cuter than those goofy gap-toothed smiles?

And so I sit here. Having just finished slipping some quarters under her pillow and writing a letter from the Tooth Fairy for her to find in the morning. I sit here in amazement at the incredible life I live. And for that I am thankful.





the long road

No comments: