Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thoughts

Remember when you go into the world to keep your eyes and ears wide open. And be kind. Love one another. Take care of each other. Tell the truth. Always do your best. Listen to the big people and the little people. Explore new paths and have fun. Know that you are loved like crazy. Give thanks for all your blessings. Above all else, love and you will do wonderful things in this world.
                                                             ~Rebecca Puig

Upon arriving home from China with Isabel (and desperately trying just to keep my head above water) I remember friends telling me to enjoy this time because it flies by and soon that little baby is gone. As we were heading into her school this morning, I looked at Isabel in her little tutu with a cardigan sweater on and thought to myself ... they were right. In what seems like a blink of a eye, my little one year old has been replaced by this lovely little girl. In less than two months Isabel will be turning four. Just two years ago, she was but a wee one. Each day the world unfolds more of its wonder to her and she soaks it up. I am both humbled and amazed at this age. 

I do, however, miss my baby.



[Toddler Transcript]

Thank you Jesus...

for today....

for Mommy and Isabel

and Mommy and Bart Bart (our kitty that had just died).

Miss him Love Bart Bart

Amen.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yes you are so right....don't blink because one day you will wake up and she will be 16 like our "baby" is, and I just don't know where the time went, it makes me so sad sometimes.

Love, Kristy