Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What an Incredible Time!

This past weekend I joined 15 other women from across the United States and Canada for a photography workshop in Bethlehem, PA. It was led by Lisa who is an amazing photographer. Though definitely the newbie in the bunch, I knew I wanted to take my photography to a new level and so took the plunge.

Talk about being out of my comfort zone! I went into the weekend with a new camera, my favorite zoom lenses and a new 50mm 1.4 prime lens that I had recently bought (but not yet figured out how to use correctly.) I figured I might as well "go for it" and decided to shoot only in manual mode (for the first time ever), only with the new lens, and only in RAW.

As overwhelming as it was... (I had few "moments" of losing it with all the numbers to remember), I am so glad I went for it. I am still going through my pictures and can't believe the difference in my photos. It was an amazing weekend with incredible women and one unbelievable leader. Thank you so much, Lisa, for all the organization and preparation that went into making this weekend so wonderful.

And now... back to editing....

[Click on photo to enlarge]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had an amazing time too!
It was so nice meeting you and also learning with you as well!
Your picture is beautiful. You did a great job!