Monday, September 19, 2011

Love is in the Air

As the ocean is never full of water,
so is the heart never full of love”

 
With the exception of when I studied abroad, I have always lived my life within 30 minutes of the Atlantic Ocean. There is something about the sound of gulls and the smell of the salt on the air that comforts me, embraces me, calms me. The sheer enormity of the ocean helps me put things into perspective. There is a peace that envelopes me; the waves rolling in and out, in and out… they remind me of the cycles of life.

I was there last month, an hour before sunset to shoot an engagement session for a colleague of mine. I seriously couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening. The beach was deserted. The weather was not too hot. There were gorgeous clouds in the sky and the sunset was spectacular. It was a photographer's dream come true.

And that was just the setting.

As D.H. Lawrence put it,
"I am in love - and, my God, it is the greatest thing that can happen to a man."
Indeed, it would seem to be.

You can check out images of this session
over at the other blog by clicking here.

{Thanks for visiting}


 

1 comment:

Coffin Moth said...

Love your blog, cuz! I wanted to tell you, my Brother-in-law Peter King is an american who relocated to China, I don't know if he is a naturalized citizen or not, but he lives there full time, indefinitely.