Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Water and Ice

Before heading back to school this week, Isabel and I were able to spend some time with friends, new and old. One of the adoption blogs I enjoy reading is Pho for Five. Laurie and Travis live in Colorado and have two sons adopted from Vietnam and a little bio girl. Right before Christmas I happened to click on their blog and read that they were in Florida. I emailed Laurie and a week and a half later we were able to get the kids together for some afternoon beach time. It was dang freezing weather for Florida but these kids could not care less. They played until the sun went down and it got too cold to stay and play. I have to say, as one who lives in the predominantly female Chinese adoption world, it was almost surreal to watch Isabel with two little Asian boys. Just like last summer, it was fun to meet some more bloggie friends in person.

After the beach, we headed over to my college friend's house and herded up the troops for a freezing night of ice skating, horse drawn carriage rides and laughter. Eighteen years ago, I was with my friend right after Christmas during the labor of her daughter. I have watched her three children grow into strong, compassionate, fun kids. I love all of them. They love my daughter. They love me. You couldn't ask for a more perfect way to end a winter vacation.






2 comments:

Wanda said...

How wonderful you were able to meet up with other fun people. Isn't it wonderful when our kids just click and have a ball!

Wishing you a great year in 2010!

Wanda (At Last...)

Mama said...

Just catching up on blog viewing. Loved the pictures and I am so glad you had a great vacation. Miss you, can't wait to get together